Welcome to Forever Young Designs
Where you go for designer
bows & tutus!

Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Satin Flowers!


Good evening!! Where did this day go? I just looked at the clock for what I feel like is the first time and it's already past 5. Yikes! Well, They say time flies when you are having fun. And today I had fun! I had purchased some satin the other day and was so excited to use it. I have been a little sidetracked the past few days making felt flowers. Today was satins turn. I failed at a few before I found a method I liked. I also burned my fingers trying to singe the petals. But I must say the finished product makes it all worth it. I love this look. I think I am going to make some for myself as well. I am going to put some on headbands. I also received some alligator clips in the mail today. They easily attach to the backs of the flowers to clip to a crochet band or even your shirt. Here are some that I made today. I am planning on buying some satin in other colors in the next few days. As always let me know what you think...



I also started working on my "Cotton Candy" tutu. Taking a day off tomorrow for the Superbowl. Look for the finished product on Monday! Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love the colors! I used silk flowers for my wedding way back in 1981! They were the new way to go and so much less expensive than real flowers. Silks have come such a long way since then and are so beautiful! I still have my bouquet and they are still looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!I appreciate you taking the time to look!

      Delete